Monday, December 17, 2007

Ugly sweaters are apparently all the rage.

During the holiday season my time always gets spread a little thin. I’m quite the busy bee as is but I try to make an extra effort to see all my peeps. I tend to be a random ‘hey this made me think of you’ year round gift giver, but during Christmas I only shop for a few people. Spending time with the those that I care about is much better than any material gift I could either give or receive. That being said, I had a fairly busy weekend and I don’t see it slowing down before the New Year. My company Christmas party was on Friday (I unfortunately do not have too many exciting things to report since I had to leave early to work at an art show), Saturday I saw I Am Legend (which was slightly depressing, but over all I liked it), spent some QT time over pho, and attended three holiday parties that night (which I wore a dress too I might add (yes, you read that right)). Yesterday I spent time chit chatting with my GF while getting my herrr did, and then chillaxed at home with the roomies for a while.

Side story time - Last night Gene and I decided to go out to Rebar (which I hadn’t done in way too long)… we listened to some good tunes, and shoot some pool. For the record, I am excellent within a 2 to 4 beer range. Really, I am. I won three straight games (which he wasn’t too thrilled about) and then decided to play a fourth with a friend who severely kicked my ass (which I’m sure he loved). He literally cleared all his balls off the table without me taking down a single one (that sounded funny (I'm that mature)). On my fourth turn, him needing only the 8 ball to finish me off, I decided just to go ahead and do it for him. Yep, the one ball I got in was the 8 ball. That totally ruined Christmas.

Moving along…

About 8 or 9 years ago some of the older house heads around Seattle started throwing annual ugly Christmas sweater parties. They give out prizes for the best(worst) get up, and I’m proud to say that my brother has won at least once (pictured below on far left with antlers on). He’s kind of a big deal. So anyways, I’m not sure that all credit can be given to them for this particular phenomena, but it has grown into quite the wide spread craze around town just over the last year or so. I know of nine sweater parties this year... NINE. I’ve already attended two (although I am slightly ashamed to say that I was without sweater goodness). I think I had the conversation at least a dozen times within the last week about how all of the random thrift stores around town have been wiped clean of any worthy attire for these functions. Madness I tell you. Hopefully I’ll be able to dig up one from a past years party to wear to the annual shindig in two weeks.



Merchants Café ’04 – don’t bother asking wtf I am doing because I really don’t know…


On my agenda for this week: two dinners, a birthday party, I’d really like to go see Blue Scholars & Common Market at Neumos on Wednesday, two kickboxing classes, Taradactyl is flying in (YES!!), our (Lot Boys) monthly club night on Thursday, a football game on Sunday, I’ll mostly likely be racking up a few OT hours at the jobby job, and some where in between all that I will be doing what little shopping I need to. *wipes brow* At least I will be getting a four day weekend.

Only five more days... Gonna make it.. gonna make it.. gonna make it…

2 comments:

new york dactyl said...

do i reeeeeeeally want to own an ugly sweater?? do i?

The Zill said...

yes, you do.