Friday, December 28, 2007

holy boredom batman

Christmas for two thousand and seven in officially in the books. The rents and I just chilled, watched sports, played cards, and grazed for two days over a 20 pound turkey my mom decided to make. It was good stuff. I had last Friday through Tuesday off and had to return to work on Wednesday... so I thought.

I have this problem with my alarm clock. The problem is that is doesn’t wake me up. It’s loud and it tends to wake everyone else in the house up, but of course not me. I set the damn thing to go off an hour and a half before I actually need to get up to ensure that I actually do. Wednesday morning was no different. I was still on my five days of no work high and had a two hour fight with the snooze button before actually dragging my ass out of bed to get ready. It takes me an hour+ to get to work so I was super stoked upon arriving and discovering that the building was locked. Awesome. I walked around to a window until I saw someone and motioned for them to let me in. I was one of four people at work. Two of them just so happened to be engineers in my department and as I set my bags down they greeted me with a “So, want to go shoot some pool?”. We all left an hour later. Totally could have stayed in bed... which of course I took into consideration when I woke up yesterday morning feeling like ass. I called in sick. So today is Friday, and I'm at work… alone. I’m the ONLY person in my department here today. *sigh* I still kind of feel ‘bleh’ and really if there isn’t anyone here then there isn’t really much for me to do. I’m leaving at noon. Again, totally could have stayed in bed. The week after next is going to be a drag after all these days off. Not that im complaining about the vay-cay… I’m just sayin.

In other news: I want pho.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Merry Christmas Darling.

Now go get some sleep.