Thursday, December 13, 2007

PUI (public urination issues)

I’m not a big fan of using public restrooms. If they’re empty, cool. If I know you and we’re friends, it’s not as weird. It’s something about a stranger being able to hear me pee that just makes me uncomfortable. Generally if the bathroom is full there is plenty of other commotion going on, but say there is just myself and one other person in there... totally awkward. You can tell if they’re the same way because both of you will just sit there for a while in complete silence. It’s almost like a sit off of sorts. Who will break the seal first?? There are a few ways to solve such a problem:

1) You can just overcome your discomfort and let the other stall occupant listen to you relieve yourself (not my first choice)

2) Pee as you flush since the toilet is louder (but then water splashes all over and you now have to wipe your legs off as well.. not the greatest selection but it works)

3) Wait for the other person to do one of the previous two options and do your business once they leave (guess which one I do)


Then there are the talkers. This mostly happens with coworkers. You’re in a smaller confined restroom space so to ‘ease’ the situation people make small talk. Not me. There are only two stalls in the ladies room at my work… if I walk in and there happens to already be someone else doing their thing, I’ll leave, go around the corner, act busy, and wait for them to come out. Sometimes these scenarios are unavoidable though and then I will typically just sit there and wait for them to leave. I would much rather have them think that I'm dropping lunch of at the pool than know that they heard me pee. Odd, but true. Perhaps I should consider cutting down my water intake during the day…. yeah, wont happen.


In other non-PUI news… TARA GETS HERE IN SEVEN DAYS!!!! (I’m sure she will be please to be included within this blog)

TBMs are soon to be under way. Dance floors will be filled. Let the games begin.

Happy Thursday!
I’m out.

2 comments:

new york dactyl said...

yeah just in case i've forgotten... i'll be there in seven days. how can i even pretend to concentrate right now??!! oh that's right... i'm not.

i'm the same way in public restrooms btw... exact same way.

Karen said...

I'm much better at #1 in a public place than #2. I'd rather do neither, though (in public, I mean.)

What's worse is if there's a BOY listening. CAN'T.DO.IT.