Wednesday, December 5, 2007

mid day ramblings...

My work is doing an ‘Angel Tree’ for Xmas this year, so I picked out a 5 year old boy, went out last Saturday, and bought him some T-shirts. Something tells me that his parents probably filled his wish list out because I’m not sure that I’ve met a 5 year old that would prefer clothing over toys… but that’s not the point here. The gifts were due by today, and of course I forgot to wrap everything, so I brought his presents to work with me, and went on a wrapping paraphernalia mission during my lunch break. List of things to buy: one box, small pack of tissue paper, small pack of wrapping paper. That’s it. I tried to find those folded packs of paper but apparently bags are the new hit these days, buying a single box is apparently unheard of, and tissue comes is a variety of packs that have either 2, 4, or 1,000 pieces in it. One Bartell Drugs, a Safeway, Walgreens, Hallmark store, and an hour later I found myself walking back to work with over 100 sq ft of wrapping paper, a ridiculously large bundle of tissue, and a pack of three boxes. Doesn’t anyone sell anything in small portions anymore? Totally unnecessary. I just killed a few Charlie Brown trees.

I’d like to volunteer at a shelter or food bank during this holiday season. I used to coordinate trips to a local food distribution warehouse at my last job and could call them up again, but I think I’d like to be more in front of poeple than behind the scenes. I need to start researching. Feel free to throw out some ideas.

Seriously, my ass is in pain. How on earth I managed to pull every muscle from my neck down through my rear while playing dodgeball is beyond me. It’s not like I haven’t been playing every week for the past few months or anything. Sheesh. I skipped kickboxing last night in an effort to not have to undress, dress, and undress myself again before the days end. One clothing change into my PJs was good for me thank you very much.

The new Alicia Keys album is kind of the dopeness. Go buy the album and listen to it so we can then further discuss…

carry on.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

My foster mom does alot of charity work. She has asked me to help her out at the food bank this year. If you are interested in coming along, let me know and I'll hit you up the next time we bounce out there.