Wednesday, January 23, 2008

today’s tid-bits


The Giants? Really? GO PATRIOTS!!!

I reinjured an old knee wound from back in Nam snowboarding last Sunday. Of course I continued to ride for another 5 hours. As a result a co-worker is taking great joy in being able to call me gimpy again. I suppose I deserve it. My new dodgeball season starts next week and naturally I will be playing regardless of the handicap. I apparently love learning the hard way…. and I’m stubborn.

My Grandparents, I will have you know, are quite the gamblers. They are frequent offenders of a little place called Atlantic City. Once a year my Mom’s side of the family meets there to eat, visit, and gamble (obviously). How it works: Grandmas on the slots, my Aunts and Uncle are on various card tables, and Gpa is meandering around between everyone keeping tabs on individual’s winnings and making sure we all know when and where we're eating again so we can do the aforementioned visiting thing. Gramps is turning 80 at the end of next month but taking a preemptive trip to the AC in two weeks, so now I am as well. I’m not sure that any other extended family will be there besides the Grand-rents, but in addition to them I’ll get to see my Dad (who has since moved to the east coast), my brother (who I haven’t seen in… I’m not actually sure anymore), and my prego sister (I’m looking forward to seeing her nice and plump). I leave Friday morning and get back Sunday night. 2 days of planes, trains, and automobiles for 1 day of fam time. It’s worth it.

Prom is in nine days. NINE DAYS PEOPLE!!! The decoration committee is hard at work, 100’s of cupcakes are being made to serve along with the punch (which I plan on spiking), and I’m working on a list of early 90’s songs for the DJs that definitely need to be played. This may just be the most ridiculous thing ever. Well, maybe.

Last but certainly not least, in case you were wondering about the monster truck show… I’m pretty sure my face in this picture accurately portrays how absolutely fantasmica it was….



You know you want one…

No comments: