Monday, January 7, 2008

I love it when weekends kick ass!!

There is nothing worse than going back to work on a Monday morning feeling like your weekend just sucked. Having a good few days off almost makes it ok to have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to re-involve myself in the work force. It’s entirely besides the point, btw, that I didn’t work 40hrs+ the past two weeks like I normally do.

Friday night I had dinner with two of my favorite people, Aaron and Julia. Aaron and I have a love affair with the happy hour at Dragonfish and eat there almost every weekend. Over the holidays we collectively accumulated about $100 in gift certificates by filling out their comment cards, which were quite humorous I might add, but couldn’t start cashing in on them until this month. We may be increasing our weekly attendance for a while. A few hours were spent eating, chatting, and spilling saki, then I called it an early night because I had a long day planned, including a big game, the next day.

I am, if you didn’t already know, kind of a sports nut. Keep that in mind for all future and/or past sports blogings. I have season tickets to the Seahawks and Saturday was their first playoff game against the Washington Redskins. SUCH a good game!! Actually, I found the first half to be a little boring (aside from our TDs of course) and filled with some questionable calls, but the fourth quarter of that game may have been the most exciting 15 minutes of the entire season… which made it SUCH a good game!! Three things: I love Josh Brown, Trufant is a G, bring on Green Bay. GO HAWKS!!!

Which brings us to yesterday… I went snowboarding for the first time in 6 years. Up until yesterday I had only ever rode one season, only been to Snoqualmie pass, and had never ridden during the day. Man, I’ve been missing out. A group of 10 of us spent the entire day up at Stevens pass and now I know why everyone thinks Snoqualmie sucks. I’m actually quite impressed with myself for how well I did after not going for so long, although one notable fall (which was only one of a handful thank you very much) included my tail bone and a patch of ice. No bueno. I’m walking a bit funny at the moment, but it was all worth it. I knew that I enjoyed snowboarding but I had forgotten really just how much. I’m ready to go back.... right now!!

So there was my weekend in a nut shell (or blog if you want to get technical about it). It was a good one. I’m hoping it will hold me over until Friday.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I can only assume that you will be watching the BCS game tonight AND cheering on LSU by default of being my friend.

Geaux Tigers!

Kimber said...

I went night boarding on Saturday night, I haven't gone in a year and a half or something ridiculous, ANYWAY it was really friggin icy and I have a bruise the size of an elephants dropping on my knee. My entire body is sore because I worked out the day before the day after (thinking that I was tough shit) I would like to take a bath in icy hot now.

Lets go again!!!!

<3

The Zill said...

Douche - i know you're stoked by the slaughter last night!!

Kimbo - lets go!!!!