Tuesday, January 29, 2008

todays lunch = sixty well spent minutes

A good friend and I meet up for lunch at least once a week. He works in the mall that is a few blocks away and today we spent our hour sitting and watching little kids on the indoor playground there, chuckling to ourselves about how easily amused and cute they all were. I’m pretty sure they would have been just as entertained with a cardboard box as they were with this 4ft tall boat.

I have been on the look out a few weeks now for a new hat and after leaving my friend I somehow wondered into a store towards their sales bin where I found the perfect one for $10. My head is ecstatic.

I said I ‘somehow wondered’ because I was on the phone and not really paying attention to what I was doing… (apparently I spend money when I’m not paying attention, hmm).. but as this hat was getting out of my mind and into my life…(why am I hearing Billy Ocean right now??)… I was finalizing the plans for a cupcake baking party, (for prom), on Thursday at my house. I don’t even like cupcakes, but the thought of baking them with a few of my girlfriends sort of fancies me.

It’s the simple things in life that make me smile.
Happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Is that the boat in Bell Square?!?!?!

Gawd...I miss Washington.

chira said...

i heart cupcakes.