Friday, January 23, 2009

They came. They saw. They left with my heart.

For some oddball reason my sister loves living in Alaska with no running water, partial electricity, no relatively close neighbors (which at times I can understand), fifty degree below weather in the winter, and using an outhouse. My time with her is obviously limited. When summer time rolls around I’ll make my way up there, especially since Atigun was born, but for now I’ll have to settle for the extended layover mi familia decided to take in Seattle last week. It was slumber party central at my place, which basically equates to me keeping the baby awake until 3am for two days straight so I could get my time crunched love on.

I first met Atigun in August, just a few months after she was born. She has grown quite a bit since then and I must say, my niece is pretty Gerber-ish. I’m not just talking about that whole, “the perfect baby looks like blah blah Gerber blah,” she really looks like friggin Gerber on the jar. And apparently I am not the only one who thinks so, as my sister has been hearing that quite frequently.

One of my oldest, nearest, and dearest is a photographer and was able to snap some shots of the pretty girl right before they headed back home. I picked the pictures up last night and now have further evidence of my claim…



I rest my case.


We seriously need to enter her into some sort of baby food/college fund/Regis & Kelly/money winning contest.

GAWD she’s cute!!!!

No comments: