Friday, September 26, 2008

The breast may be best..... but could you please leave my ice cream out of this??

A friend of mine sent me this article yesterday. At first I was mildly grossed out, then I laughed a bit, and now I just have too many questions.

After doing a little bit of Google searching I was enlightened to the fact that there are six human milk banks in the US for babies who will not/cant take formula and who’s mothers can not breast feed for various reasons. Thats for new borns, so let’s just side-step that for a moment shall we and focus in on the ridiculous amount of extra milk the women in this world would need to squeeze out just to satisfy the ice cream demands alone. I won’t even get started on cheese.

Can you imagine the production line for something like this? I mean, would there be factories? Are these women sub-contractors? Do they get medical benefits? Instead of receiving maternity leave are they forced to work over time? Do they have to provide their own pump or is there somewhere they can 'hook up'?? Are they milked by machines or is it the old fashion pulling on the utters style? If it’s the latter, I’m sure there will be a flood of male applicants. These dudes will be the first in line. I smell an HR violation in there somewhere.

I’m all for humane treatment of animals, but come on…. really?? Soon we’ll be seeing organizations pop up everywhere defending the rights of mistreated breasts.

No comments: